Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Former Camper's Memories

I finally had a reply from a former camper. Thanks Stacy for taking the time to email me.  I am posting your email.  It is wonderful to share these wonderful memories.  Sad to think of an era in time that has gone by.  When I think that my 83 year old mother was a camper there, and  now the camp is an all-American housing development, nostalgia takes over.  Here is Stacy's email:
Hi Liz,
I found your site while looking for info on Camp.
I went for many years on and off, and memories came flooding back to me this afternoon, when my two sons were telling me about their day at camp, and how each day starts at the flagpole.
I think I first went in 74, and my last year was 82 or 83. Though once in the 89s came around, there were less campers, and the place was starting to show its age.
Another camper and close friend of mine, was house hunting in 1990, they drove out to a house in Hanson, and boy was she surprised when they pulled up and the house was in the old kickball fiels.

Many years and many miles away now, but it seems like yesterday.

Thanks Stacy for your memories.  Please feel free to share more.  It was heartwarming to hear your response.  Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home