Sunday, March 2, 2008

sounds of camp

do you remember reveille  playing at 7:30?  the graces sung before each meal?  gathering at the flagpole for morning pledge and flag raising.  these sounds of our past helped to build the character of so many campers.  sunset knoll, the most beautiful of all, looking out over lake wampatuck in the evening as the sun cast its coral shadow over the lake.  how about the first night of each session when the counselors would serenade us to sleep.  having been both camper and counselor, i don't know which was better, hearing the serenade or participating.  we were so blessed to be part of it all.  

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2009 at 2:03 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

My favorite song of grace was "Johnny Appleseed." I also loved "Reveille" and "Taps." For the longest time as a camper I thought someone was actually bugling. Then when I got older I realized it was a record over the loudspeaker. I loved the perk of playing it when I was head counselor. I wish I could wake up to "Reveille" in the morning instead of my radio alarm clock, but I don't think my husband would stand for it ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home